Friday 7 January 2011

Cheapest Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories



Over All Rating Reviews :
Once again, the unbeatable Grand Theft Auto series comes out with yet another fun, interesting game. I wasn't quite sure about getting this game based on mixed reviews from friends and the fact I didn't really enjoy the first Vice City. I am now glad I stuck with my gut feeling and got the game. It is my second favorite game in the series. You play as Vic Vance, brother to Vice City's antagonist Lance Vance, in a story about saving your other ailing brother by joining a life of crime to pay for his needed accommodations. I enjoyed the story and characters a lot more than in the original and everything just felt right. The 80's Miami atmosphere fits beautifully along with the soundtrack (HOWEVER I THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE PUT A MJ SONG IN HERE TOO, COME ON, PEOPLE!). The graphics are still the cartoony feel that other past gen GTA processors had, but that to me has never been an issue. It's not bad looking per say and it plays like a gem, so that should be the main issue for any true gamer.

Missions and gameplay are in the same realm as San Andreas. This game took a few understandable steps backward from San Andreas lacking in having as much customization and things to do, however, seeing as this was originally made for a the PSP that is an understandable issue. The gameplay is still as fun and amusing as ever with a pretty fair auto target system (although many disagree) and lots of fun items to play with (mini guns anyone?). The story had me interested and I really felt sympathy for our poor protagonist going against his will to do crimes he rather not commit.

My only issue with the game is Vic's constant complaints. I understand he doesn't want to commit the crimes, but it gets annoying after a while hearing how he is so morally against everything then does it anyway. It doesn't give Vic enough backbone and makes you feel like you are playing as a weak character, which is not necessarily a plus in a game franchise like Grand Theft Auto. Also, as always, a few glitches do occur which can potentially ruin your game and/or cause minor annoyances which may make you have to redo missions over and over when really you could have completed them in a first try.

Despite the small issues I have, this game is still a solid, fun GTA game with a lot of fun and another great, epic storyline. I recommend it for anyone who loves the past gen GTA games and is looking for some fun they may have missed. Definitely a favorite of mine.
Get more detail about Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.





No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。







Sponsor Links